Terms and Conditions of Reservation
By completing a Reservation, the Guest agrees to be bound by and accepts the Terms and Conditions stated herein, and as may be amended from time to time. Any modifications and amendments shall have the same force and effect as those herein. Failure to accept Star Trek: The Cruise Terms and Conditions of Reservation entitles Star Trek: The Cruise to cancel the Guest’s reservation without a refund.
Acceptance of the Cruise/Cruisetour Ticket Contract for Reservation Issued by Royal Caribbean Group: Upon completion of either the Royal Caribbean Group Online Check-In Procedure or upon completion of such check-in procedure at the cruise terminal, Guest expressly agrees to be bound by and accepts the Terms and Conditions of Reservation of Royal Caribbean Group described in its Cruise/Cruisetour Ticket Contract. Failure to accept Royal Caribbean Group Terms and Conditions of Reservation in the time frame and manner determined by Royal Caribbean Group entitles Royal Caribbean Group to cancel the Guest’s reservation without a refund.
Conflict Between Terms and Conditions of Reservations Issued by Star Trek: The Cruise and Royal Caribbean Group: Please note that the payment dates, reservation policies, cancellation policies, and reservation changes in the event of a conflict, Star Trek: The Cruise Terms and Conditions at the time of purchase supersede Royal Caribbean Group Cruise/Cruisetour Ticket Contract Terms and Conditions.
Changes and Modifications to Terms and Conditions of Reservation: Star Trek: The Cruise and Royal Caribbean Group Cruise/Cruisetour Ticket Contract are subject to change at any time. Such modifications and changes shall have the full force and effect as a term and condition issued at the time of Reservation or completion of registration as applicable.
Stateroom Prices: Stateroom Prices are based upon double occupancy unless a particular stateroom is designated as a “Single.” Stateroom Prices include all the amenities, accommodations, and services outlined in the Stateroom Description for the category of stateroom Guest selects (https://startrekthecruise.com/the-ship/staterooms/) and the shows and onboard events produced by Star Trek: The Cruise.
Stateroom Prices do not include airfare, ground transportation, onboard purchases of goods and services (including, but not limited to, various beverages, spa services, gifts, specialty dining, or any such goods and services for which the Cruise Line customarily charges a separate fee), medical expenses, shore excursions, and “Port Charges, Taxes & Gratuities” (see below). There is an additional charge for 3rd and 4th Guests in a Stateroom. The Stateroom Prices for 3rd and 4th Guests have the same inclusions and exclusions as stated above.
Port Charges, Taxes & Gratuities: Each Guest is required to pay port charges, government taxes and fees, and onboard service gratuities for shipboard staff, in the amount of $350 per person ($400 per person for Suites) for Star Trek: The Cruise, in addition to the price of the Stateroom.
Payment Obligations Upon Completion of Reservation: Upon completion of a Reservation, Guest is obligated to pay the Stateroom Price and Port Charges, Taxes & Gratuities based on the full occupancy set forth in the Reservation, in addition to any additional purchases from Star Trek: The Cruise.
Obligations of the Primary Guest: If the Reservation is shared by more than one Guest, the Primary Guest shall have full financial responsibility for the Reservation.
The Guest making the Reservation is considered the “Primary Guest” and is the “owner” of the Reservation. The Primary Guest will receive all communication from Entertainment Cruise Productions, is responsible for selecting the stateroom at the time of the Reservation, and for ensuring all payments are made in a timely manner. The Primary Guest must initiate any change or modification to the Reservation, and the Primary Guest must convey such changes and modifications to the other Guests on the Reservation.
Payment Plan Options: Star Trek: The Cruise offers Guests several Payment Plan options for the payment of the Stateroom Price and Port Charges, Taxes & Gratuities. By choosing a Payment Plan, the Guest authorizes Star Trek: The Cruise to charge the Guest’s Credit Card or other payment method in accordance with the payment schedule of the selected Payment Plan.
Method of Payment: If paying by credit card, the Guest’s account will be charged on the scheduled payment dates, and the Guest’s statement will reflect a charge from “Entertainment Cruise Productions.” If paying by check, please make checks payable to Star Trek: The Cruise. To make payments with PayPal, Guests should log into their Reservation online and manually process each payment when due. Guests wishing to change their method of payment should contact Star Trek: The Cruise at least two business days prior to the scheduled payment date by calling 844.335.6515.
Currency: Unless otherwise noted, all prices on the website and any fees associated with the Cruise are quoted in United States Dollars (“USD”), and all payments to Star Trek: The Cruise will be charged in USD. International Guests may incur additional fees assessed by their bank or credit card processor.
Credit Cards/Cancellation Fees: Star Trek: The Cruise reserves the right to charge additional fees for returned payments, delinquent payments, missed payments, canceled cards, chargebacks, credit card changes, invalid credit cards, and cancellations as a result of a Guest’s failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Non-Refundable Payments – Refund Events: Except as outlined in this section, all Stateroom Price and Port Charges, Taxes & Gratuities payments made to date or paid in the future are non-refundable. Payments are refundable only when a “Refund Event” occurs and when a guest elects to participate in that Refund Event program. The occurrence of one or more of the following are considered Refund Events (“Refund Events”):
- If Royal Caribbean Group or Star Trek: The Cruise cancels or reschedules, Guests may elect to continue their Reservation with the rescheduled Cruise without any increase in Stateroom Prices or Port Charges, Taxes & Gratuities that were to have been available to them if the cancelled or rescheduled Cruise had sailed.
- If, through no fault of their own, the Guest is prevented from traveling to the port of embarkation by governmental travel restrictions, a credit toward the 2026 sailing will be given upon submission of proper documentation.
Health Restrictions: The Guest agrees to comply with any health restrictions imposed by Royal Caribbean Group, Star Trek: The Cruise, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or any other governmental agency or body with jurisdiction over this Cruise Program. The Guest is responsible for providing all requested information and clearing any pre-cruise health, safety, or travel requirements or limitations, regardless of when issued or applied. Denial of boarding due to failure to adhere to the above is not a Refund Event.
Right to Modify or Cancel Cruise:
- Right to Modify Cruise: Star Trek: The Cruise and Royal Caribbean may modify itineraries and schedules, change onboard entertainers and schedules, modify amenities, limit access to onboard venues, deny boarding, delay or change departures or arrivals without any further obligation to Guest, and any such change or modification shall not be a Refund Event.
- Right to Cancel a Reservation, Deny Boarding, Removal From Ship: Star Trek: The Cruise reserves the right to cancel a Reservation at any time in its sole discretion. Additionally, Star Trek: The Cruise reserves the right to Cancel a Reservation, deny boarding, refuse service to any person, or remove a Guest from the ship who does not adhere to safety, security, and appropriate guest conduct guidelines, and doing so shall not be considered a Refund Event.
- Right to Cancel Cruise: Star Trek: The Cruise and/or Royal Caribbean reserves the right to cancel the Cruise for any reason. Such cancellation shall be a Refund Event (see Non-Refundable Payments – Refund Events)
Travel Insurance/Trip Protection:
- Purchase of Travel Insurance/Trip Protection is Strongly Encouraged: As all Stateroom Price and Pass-Through Charge payments to Star Trek: The Cruise are non-refundable, Guests are strongly encouraged to purchase Travel Insurance/Trip Protection, which can insure against many, but not all, of the causes of forfeiture of payments. Travel Insurance/Trip Protection may be purchased directly through various outlets and companies.
- Timing of Travel Insurance Purchase: We recommend that Guest who wishes to purchase Travel Insurance/Trip Protection through any insurance provider or agent do so at the time of completing their Reservation, as certain benefits are time-sensitive, including Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) and coverage for pre-existing conditions. Though insurance may be purchased up to 48 hours before sailing, to secure the broadest coverage, a Guest must purchase Travel Insurance/Trip Protection within 14 days of a Guest’s first payment.
- Travel Guard: Please note that the sale of Travel Insurance/Trip Protection through Entertainment Cruise Productions for Star Trek: The Cruise is administered by Travel Guard. Their travel insurance contract is subject to additional terms and conditions related to Travel Guard policies and the conditions set forth therein, which can be found on (https://www.travelguard.com/travel-insurance/plans/preferred) . Guests can contact Travel Guard at 1.800.826.1300. (Note: Entertainment Cruise Productions offers Travel Insurance through Travel Guard, but insurance may also be available through other insurance providers and may be purchased directly by a Guest. Rates and coverage vary by provider.)
Name Changes: Complimentary name changes and Guest additions will be accepted until 120 days before the Cruise. Name changes made to a Reservation less than 120 days before sailing will be assessed a $150 administrative fee per change. At least one original and/or Primary Guest name must remain on the Reservation. If all original Guests cancel, this is considered a full cancellation without a refund, and name changes will not be allowed.
Transfer of Reservation: Guest may transfer their Reservation for a one-time, non-refundable transfer fee of $500. The replacement Guest(s) is subject to the Stateroom Prices and Pass-Through Charges in effect on the transfer day. The transfer of a Reservation does not entitle the transferee(s) to any past guest, military, or other discounts/offers from the original Reservation. Please note: Star Trek: The Cruise does not condone or promote the selling and/or transferring of staterooms for personal financial gain.
Valid Identification/Passports and Visas:
- U.S. Citizens: U.S. Citizens are strongly urged to travel with a valid passport with at least six (6) months validity remaining after the final day of the Cruise. Currently, for voyages that begin and end in the same U.S. Port, U.S. Citizens may travel without a passport but only if they present both a government-issued birth certificate and a government-issued Picture ID card, such as a driver’s license.
- Non-U.S. Citizens: All non-U.S. citizens must present a valid passport to board the ship. Though not required, non-U.S. Citizens are urged to travel with a valid passport with at least six (6) months validity remaining after the final day of the Cruise. Depending upon citizenship and the passport governing travel, Guests may need to apply for and secure a visa to enter various ports of call.
- Change in Applicable Rules: The above government regulations and policies are subject to change without notice.
- Responsibility of Guests: The Guest is responsible for identifying and obtaining all required travel documents and having them available at the terminal or wherever necessary during the entire cruise vacation, as travel documents such as passports, visas, inoculation certificates, and family legal documents are required for boarding and re-entry into the United States and other countries.
- Denial of Boarding: If a Guest does not possess the proper documentation, the Guest may be prevented from boarding a flight or ship, from entering a country, and may be subject to fines. Neither failure to provide proper and required documentation nor being denied boarding for any reason whatsoever are Refund Events.
Photography and Video Policy: Video or audio recording, filming, or the taking of photographs may occur on Star Trek: The Cruise and are owned by Star Trek: The Cruise and may be licensed, assigned, or distributed nationwide and worldwide by Star Trek: The Cruise, their affiliates, and assignees. By acknowledging the Terms and Conditions of Reservation of Star Trek: The Cruise at the time of completing a Reservation, Guest allows and expressly authorizes Star Trek: The Cruise, its affiliates, and assignees of the Guest’s likeness and/or appearance and voice on any film or video format now known or hereinafter developed in any manner whatsoever. Guest will not receive any compensation for such use and waives any right to bring any action in law or equity against Star Trek: The Cruise, its affiliates, and assignees for such use.
Age Restrictions: Passengers must be 21 or older on the date the ship embarks. Passengers between the ages of 13-20 are permitted to sail if they are accompanied by an adult 21 or older and booked in the same or adjoining stateroom. Guests who are 12 and under are not permitted to sail.
Cruise Information Updates: The information provided herein is valid as of this date and will likely change or be modified before sailing. When completing this Reservation, Guest agrees to periodically visit the website (https://www.startrekthecruise.com) to learn about any cruise updates, special programs, or other features, and to carefully read and review any updates sent to Guest by Star Trek: The Cruise.
Limitation of Liability:
- Not Responsible for Acts of Third Parties: Star Trek: The Cruise, its affiliates, parent companies, employees, shareholders, officers, and directors (collectively “Star Trek: The Cruise “) do not own the ship or operate any entity that provides goods or services for your trip, including, for example, lodging facilities, transportation companies, local ground operators, guides, sightseeing companies, entertainment, food or drink service providers, equipment suppliers, etc. As a result, Guest agrees Star Trek: The Cruise is not responsible for any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any person or entity, nor is Star Trek: The Cruise responsible for any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any person or entity it does not own or control, nor for any act or inaction of any other third party not under its control.
- Not Responsible for Guest Inability to Board Ship: The Guest is responsible for arriving at the embarkation location promptly and with all the documentation required for sailing. Star Trek: The Cruise is not responsible for any loss, damages, costs, or expenses that the Guest may incur for the Guest’s inability to board the ship.
- Force Majeure: Star Trek: The Cruise shall not be liable for any loss or damage as a result of causes of any kind beyond the reasonable control of Star Trek: The Cruise (a “Force Majeure Event”), including but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs, stoppages of work or other labor difficulties, insurrection, riots, war, changes in laws and regulations and other acts or demands of civil, political or military authorities, freight embargoes, shipping restrictions, air travel delays or cancellations, car or truck shortages, inclement weather, accidents, fire, explosion, flood or unavoidable casualties, pandemics, epidemics, quarantine restrictions, etc.
- Limitation of Liability in the Event of Cruise Cancellation: As stated above, the cancellation of Star Trek: The Cruise is a Refund Event. As such, the Guest may elect to participate in the applicable Refund Program. Star Trek: The Cruise’s obligation to the Guest is limited to the repayment of amounts paid to Star Trek: The Cruise for the Stateroom Price, Pass-Through Charges, and any additional purchases made directly with Star Trek: The Cruise. Guest shall not seek, nor shall Royal Caribbean Group be liable for, any losses or damages incurred by Guest, whether indirect, incidental, special, or consequential, including but not limited to attorney fees.